Toffee Sauce Recipe
Most people buy toffee sauce ready-made for convenience but, what they fail to know is that many brands have preservatives in it. It is so easy to achieve a smooth, silky and decadent toffee.
I like to use salted butter to give the sweetness that little saltiness to break it. You can use any brown sugar but remember that the darker the sugar, the darker the toffee will be.
Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 400 millilitres
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup cream
1/2 cup salted butter
· In a pan melt the butter and add the brown sugar.
· Keep stirring until the sugar has melted then add the cream in batches.
· lower the heat and leave it to bubble away for a few minutes.
· It is ready when you pass the spatula through, and it leaves a trail.
· Pour into a sterilized jar and store in the fridge.
· This can store for several months in the fridge.
· It will thicken in the fridge so when needed warm it in the microwave or in a pan.
· Use it with pancakes, muffins, cakes and ice cream especially my dairy-free banana ice cream
Per Serving: 1941 Calories; 152g Fat (68.6% calories from fat); 7g Protein; 149g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 457mg Cholesterol; 1082mg Sodium.