Dairy free banana ice-cream Recipe
We all have ripened bananas sitting on the kitchen counter screaming- use me- and many are guilty of just throwing them away. DON'T simply peel, wrap and freeze them individually. I use them for muffins, cakes, banana bread, smoothie bowls and for quick healthy, dairy-free and natural ice cream.
The texture of this soft ice cream is smooth, velvety and fluffy. It is a fantastic dessert to serve to last-minute guests or when hosting a dinner party and, the best thing about this is you can have it anytime you fancy. It is a perfect addition to your healthy lifestyle diet and serves as an excellent alternative to ice cream especially among diabetic when they can't resist the urge for ice cream. Beware, although it is all-natural fruit, ripened bananas are relatively high in sugars.
Everything in moderation is key to a healthy body and mind.
Time: 3 minutes
3 ripe bananas
1 caramel white chocolate cookie (optional)
¼ cup blueberries
A drizzle of Agave syrup
· Peel the ripened bananas then wrap them individually and place in the freezer until totally frozen.
· Remove the plastic wrap and place in a powerful blender and blend for about 2 to 3 minutes until the texture is smooth and creamy.
· You can refreeze or use immediately.
· Break the cookie and mix with the ice cream then serve topped with blueberries and a drizzle of agave syrup
· Adding other ingredients, toppings, fruits or nuts is optional.
· Experiment with adding other frozen fruits to the banana.
Per Serving (excluding cookie): 205 Calories; 1g Fat (3.6% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 53g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 3mg Sodium.