Frozen banana & Date Smoothie Bowl
Smoothies are a great way to blend your favourite fruits and ingredients together to create a quick, easy and healthy breakfast, dessert or snack on the go.
Dates are a small yet a powerful fruit that are packed with minerals, vitamin B1, 2, 3, 5, C and D and are a natural source of good sugar and fibre. No wonder breaking the Ramadan fast starts with a couple of dates.
Bananas are an excellent source of energy and fibre, and when frozen lend smoothies a luxurious creamy texture that mimics the smoothest ice-cream.
Using frozen bananas is a perfect solution to enjoy a luxurious, guilt free, dairy free and low calorie ice cream alternative.
2 large banana, frozen
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1 tablespoon hazelnuts, dry-roasted
* Freeze the banana by peeling it and wrapping it in plastic wrap then store in the freezer.
* Chop the frozen banana and place it along with the deseeded dates, cinnamon, toasted sesame seeds and the nutmeg in a powerful blender.
* Blend until the consistency is that of ice- cream.
* Place the hazelnuts into a mortar and crush.
* Scoop the frozen smoothie into a bowl and top with the crushed hazelnuts.
* A powerful blender is required for a frozen smoothie bowl.
* Whenever your bananas are at the stage where they are too ripe to eat fresh, freeze them peeled.
* Blend frozen bananas with other frozen fruits for alternative flavors, such as strawberries, blueberries or mangos and decorate with chopped fresh fruits.
Per Serving: 220 Calories; 6g Fat (20.8% calories from fat); 3g Protein; 45g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 4mg Sodium.