Homemade chili oil
This recipe is so easy to prepare and stores very well. I love adding it to soups and pastas.
Yield: 1.1 liter
- 400 grams bird eye chili
- 2 heads garlic unpeeled
- 1 liter olive oil
* Slice the chilies thinly then place in a pot with the olive oil and the unpeeled garlic gloves on medium heat.
* When the peppers start to become translucent as seen in the picture keep a close eye as this is the point where it will start to change color into a darker shade very fast.
* The final color of the chili is as in picture.
* To stop the cooking process put the pot into a bowl of ice water half way to cool the oil down.
* Once cooled place in an air tight container and store in a cool place for up to two years.
Per Serving : 8080 Calories; 913g Fat (99.9% calories from fat); trace Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 1mg Sodium.