Fool Proof Blueberry Breakfast Muffins
Growing up my sister was the master baker in the family and from an early age we always made our own cakes, desserts, muffins and pizza. I remember my sister’s lemon meringue pie as if it was yesterday. It was always heavenly and so scrummy to the last bite. The fairy cakes were as light as feather when you bite into them, these were her trophy dessert. My trophy desserts are a few, however my muffins recipe is one of my pride recipes that I developed experimenting over and over again to reach the fool proof, delicious, soft and moist muffin base. Having kept this recipe to myself for a long time, I have decided that it is now time to share it with you. It takes no time to prepare and failure is not even an option here. YES this is a fail proof recipe which you will love.
My household loves waking up on a Friday morning to the smell of freshly baked muffins so would yours...who doesn’t…Who can resist indulging in a couple with a morning cup of coffee? This recipe really takes 7 minutes to prepare and 25 minutes to bake; all together under 35 minutes from start to belly. These muffins are not only delicious, but guilt free as the added fruit compensates for the usual overly sweet muffins.
Have a crack at this and let me know your verdict.
Yield: 16 Medium muffins
- 1 1/2 cups flour, all-purpose
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup apple sauce, chopped small
- 3 cups blueberries, fresh
- 1/2 recipe crumble topping mix
* Preheat the oven at 180 C on fan setting.
* In a bowl whisk the vegetable oil, sugar and eggs until creamy.
* Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together then add to the creamed mix and fold with a spatula.
* Once incorporated gently fold in the apple sauce and the blueberries.
* Prepare a medium size muffin tin with paper cups and pour the mix up to 4/5th of the way using an ice cream scoop as seen in the picture.
* Prepare the crumble mix and top each muffin with a spoonful.
* Bake in the oven on the middle shelf for 25 minutes or until an inserted tooth pick comes out clean.
* Place on a cooling rack then store in an airtight container in a cool place for up to 3 days.
* You can use frozen blueberries.
* Adding apple sauce reduce the amount of added sugar required and adds moisture element to the muffins.
* Don’t be tempted to open the oven before 25 minutes have passed.
Per Serving: 182 Calories; 10g Fat (48.3% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 22g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 27mg Cholesterol; 132mg Sodium