Arabic Style Syrup
This is the traditional syrup which is used in most Middle Eastern desserts. Some add orange blossom water whilst others add rose water.
- 400 grams sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons orange blossom syrup
* Over low heat place the sugar and water in a pot to boil until sugar has dissolved.
* Increase the heat to medium and let it boil until it starts to thicken and becomes at the thickness of runny honey.
* Add the lemon juice and orange blossom water and leave side to cool.
* Store in a sterilized air tight jar for up to 3 months.
Per Serving : 1549 Calories; 0g Fat (0.0% calories from fat); trace Protein; 400g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 11mg Sodium.