Dipping Sauce 2: Sweet and Sour Cucumber Sauce (Video)
This dipping sauce has such a magical effect on my son Adriano, it gives him a feeling of happiness which is contagious. He loves it so much to the point he can’t resist but to drink the leftovers. The sauce makes a fantastic change from the usual sweet chili sauce and marries so well with fish cakes and spring rolls. The balance of the sweet, the sour and the heat from the chili leaves a refreshing explosion of flavors on the palate. It is so easy to make and sits in your fridge for weeks.
SERVINGS: 230 ml
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup simple syrup
- 3 tablespoons shallots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon spring onions, chopped
- ¼ cup cucumber, cut fine match sticks.
- Place all ingredients in a jar and shake, store in the fridge for up to 1 month.
- Use to accompany cooked fish.
- Use it as a dressing for crisp and crunchy salads with meat, seafood, chicken or tofu.
Per Serving: 118 Calories; trace Fat (0.3% calories from fat); 1g Protein; 31g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 7mg Sodium.