Dipping Sauce 1: Chili Lime and Fish Sauce (Video)
Dipping sauce form an integral part of the South East Asian cuisine, it elevates any salad or dish to the next level and adds that zingy and zesty finishing touch. There are many different sauces which are used for various dishes which I shall be sharing with you this month. This is a lime and fish sauce which I highly recommend as a salad dressing and/or as a rice roll dipping sauce.
SERVINGS: 220 ml
- ½ red chili pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons simple syrup
- 7 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- Place all ingredients in a jar and shake, store in the fridge for up to 1 month.
- Replace the fish sauce with a light soy sauce for a vegetarian alternative.
- Use it as a dipping sauce for spring rolls, prawn rolls and rice rolls.
- Use it as a dressing for crisp and crunchy salads with meat, seafood, chicken or tofu.
- Use as a marinade for ceviche.
Per Serving: 580 Calories; 8g Fat (9.6% calories from fat); 8g Protein; 169g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 7mg Cholesterol; 19mg Sodium.