Levantine Kissed Blood Orange Screwdriver Recipe
Today was a long hot Saturday afternoon when I craved a sundowner to sip around the pool.
In a quandary, not sure what my palate desired, prosecco jumped to mind, but I still fancied something different. AND VOILA! I had a box of Turkish blood oranges, which I buy whenever possible as they bring sweet memories of my belated father in law. He was the best in law a woman could ever wish for. So I decided to have a toast in his memory with a blood orange screwdriver.
I love infusing drinks or foods with a Levant touch, so what better than a blood orange screwdriver slush with a kiss of orange blossom topped with pomegranate seeds.
- 180 milliliters vodka
- 650 milliliters blood orange juice
- 20 ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon orange blossom water
- Handful of pomegranate seeds
- Place the vodka, orange juice, ice cubes and orange blossom water in a powerful blender and blend until it reached a slush consistency. If it is still runny add more ice cubes and blend.
- Pour amongst 4 martini glasses or anything of your choice, sprinkle some pomegranate seeds and sip with a smoothie straw.
Per Serving: 174 Calories; trace Fat (3.9% calories from fat); 1g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 5mg Sodium.