Kufta Pockets Recipe
This is a quick, easy and yummy finger food that would be perfect for a quick bite, lunch box, picnic basket and/or a lazy afternoon lunch. For the main kufta recipe Click Here.
Many followers have tried it and conveyed to me how much the family loves it and how easy it is to prepare. Even children were able to participate so why not make the preparation a family affair!!! Have a go and let me know!
Servings: 7 rectangle or 14 square pockets
- 1 kg puff pastry sheets
- 1 recipe beef kufta araayes mix
- 1 cup yogurt
- Preheat the oven on fan setting to 230 C.
- For the basic kufta recipe, mix all the ingredients in a glass bowl by hand, but for the yogurt, until well incorporated. This is the classic recipe for making Patties.
- Incorporate the yogurt into the meat mix, little by little, mixing it by hand until well combined.
- If you are using pre-cut puff pastry sheets lay 1 on a wooden board then spread enough kufta to a thickness of ½ cm leaving ½ cm clearing on the sides.
- If you are using a block, roll it out to a thickness of ½ cm and cut into the desired rectangle size, ideally 10X20 cm.
- Add some chopped tomato and sliced chili if desired, then please another sheet of puff pastry over it, pressing the sides together to seal and making some incursions to the surface of the pastry.
- Place the pockets on a baking sheet and brush with egg wash. Bake for 13 to 14 minutes until crispy golden.
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 914 Calories; 57g Fat (60.0% calories from fat); 16g Protein; 69g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 14mg Cholesterol; 393mg Sodium.