Dipping Sauce 3: Tamarind Sweet Dipping Sauce (Video)
Dipping sauce form an integral part of the South East Asian cuisine, it elevates any salad or dish to the next level and adds that sweet and zesty finishing touch. There are many different sauces which are used for various dishes which I shall be sharing with you this month. This is a Tamarind sweet dipping sauce and balances sweet with sour perfectly it can be used as a dipping sauce for rice rolls or spring rolls and as a salad dressing or with fish or chicken.
YIELD: 220 ml
- 2 tablespoons vinegar, rice
- 2 tablespoons tamarind sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons agave syrup
- 2 teaspoons ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons shallot, finely chopped
- Place all ingredients in a jar, seal and shake. Store in the fridge for up to a month.
- You can use honey or simple syrup instead of the agave syrup.
- Adding chilli will add a perfect bite to the dip.
Per Serving : 187 Calories; trace Fat (0.3% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 46g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 2062mg Sodium.